Wheat Field is the Bonus Block today and I enjoyed incorporating stripes into this one too.
The C pieces were just crying out for stripes in my opinion.
Placing the stripes running across the width of the block, not down the length, gave the block some directionality. The triangles look like they might be spinning around.
I also tried to cut the E triangles from a large floral section of print to create a mash-up of a big flower in the centre.
I am very happy with how this block turned out.
I followed the cutting and assembly instructions exactly, as no adjustments were needed to wrangle the stripes.
I used Diagonal Seam Tape, to save the step of drawing diagonals onto the fabric. This is a new product for me, and I have to say that I am a total convert. I love it, and won't be going back to drawing diagonals on fabric, anytime soon. If you haven't tried it, may I suggest you give it a go, it saves time and and whole step in each block.